This mudra is practiced for removing the excess and harmful 'wind' in the body.
It is useful for many diseases.The index finger is pressed on the base of the thumb and the thumb is pressed over the index finger.The other fingers are kept straight.
This must be practiced for 15 minutes twice or thrice daily and must be stopped once the symptoms disappear.
- This immediately removes problems from excess gas in the stomach,bloated feeling and flatulence and constipation.
- This is a very good mudra for reducing knee pains and joint pains.
- It is also good for peple who are suffering from vata pains .
- This mudra benefits people who are anxious all the time about little things,nervousness,it improves the mental strength,sleeplessness,head spinning.
- It works well even for back pain if it is out of vata dosha and also for people who are suffering from pains due to decrease in the synovial fluid( which lubricates the joints), and for creaking noises of bones.
- This also normalises the working of the ear to a certain extent.
- This reduces the involuntary twitching of the eyelids
- It also reduces hiccoughs
- It also helps and makes the skin normal if it is very flaky and dry.
- this also works well for chipping of nails due to vata doshas and brittle hair