A collection of safe and effective home remedies and herbal cures from Ayurveda .

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mudras for Healing -Part-10-Vaayu Mudra

Vayu mudra


This mudra is practiced for removing the excess and harmful 'wind' in the body.
It is useful for many diseases.The index finger is pressed on the base of the thumb and the thumb is pressed over the index finger.The other fingers are kept straight.
This must be practiced for 15 minutes twice or thrice daily and must be stopped once the symptoms disappear.
Benefits:

  1. This immediately removes problems from excess gas in the stomach,bloated feeling and flatulence and constipation.
  2. This is a very good mudra for reducing knee pains and joint pains.
  3. It is also good for peple who are suffering from vata pains .
  4. This mudra benefits people who are anxious all the time about little things,nervousness,it improves the mental strength,sleeplessness,head spinning.
  5. It works well even for back pain if it is out of vata dosha and also for people who are suffering from pains due to decrease in the  synovial fluid( which lubricates the joints), and for creaking  noises of bones.
  6. This also normalises the working of the ear to a certain extent.
  7. This reduces the involuntary twitching of the eyelids
  8. It also reduces hiccoughs
  9. It also helps and makes the skin normal if it is very flaky and dry.
  10. this also works well for chipping of nails due to vata doshas and brittle hair

22 comments:

  1. Thank you for nice ayurvedic technique Myself suffering from orthopedic pains since childhood and after my C-section the pains aggravated with breaking bones sounds I will try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Madhavi!
    wonderful blog, any health problem, i always switch over to your blog to check if there is any remedy. as usual i found this. i tried doing this mudra for a minute, but my fingers started aching. is it normal?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Swasthi- Thank you .
      Are you pressing your fingers too hard ? Be gentle but firm.Try 5 mins a day and then the time may be increased.If it still hurts you may discontinue.

      Delete
    2. Thanks madhavi, I tried as you said starting for 5 mins and then gradually increased to 15 mins. I am able to do it. I feel much better now. I have taught this to 4 others, who r trying to get better with this.

      Delete
  3. Hi there to every one, it's really a nice for me to go to see this website, it includes priceless Information.
    Here is my weblog ; Herbal Medicine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I use this mudra for lifetime

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more thing can this mudra b practiced with both hands or only left hand

    ReplyDelete
  6. can this mudra be used while doing kapalbhatti and bhastrika pranayama or should it be used only in isolation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard about the combination with vajrasana but not with Pranayama.

      Delete
  7. Hi,

    We are into the same business for home remedies for gas problem, constipation cures, indigestion relief, bloating remedies and irritable bowel syndrome symptoms. Thanks for sharing this story. I really appreciate for your contribution. Click my link Bloating Remedies

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. while doing this mudra its burrp and yawning. is it ok.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have gas problem, so suffering from chest pain. Tried mudra but didn't help much. Please which mudra will be effective?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had lower back pain due to vata dosha. The pain has declined substantially. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. can i do Apan vayu mudra at sleeping position ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. can i do Apan vayu mudra at sleeping position ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. plz.claify whether vaayu mudra can be done while walking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have depression for the last 7years.I am also taking antidepressants.I have depression without any cause and my depression increases in winter days.I have taken all the treatments but without any results.I am doing also gyan mudra for the last 4 months but not getting results.I think I have vata dosha.Can I do vayu mudra with gyan mura and how much time vata mudra be practiced.Please reply.Yours views will be very much beneficial to me.One thing I want to tell that pain in my right knee increases in winter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...